In 2016, the return of The X-Files drew an average multi-platform audience of nearly 16 million viewers and was last season’s No. 2 broadcast drama. It also was the season’s most talked-about event series on Twitter.
It’s no surprise, then, that an all-new, 10-episode event series is coming in 2018 on Fox. Executive-produced by creator Chris Carter, David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson return in their roles as iconic FBI Agents Fox Mulder and Dana Scully.
Fans attending the panel at NYCC got first glance at the new trailer, as well as picked up some tidbits about the new season:
- When asked whether we would see more romance between Mulder and Scully, Carter responded, “The get kissin’ close.”
- Carter confirmed that he’ll be ending Season 11 with another cliffhanger.
- Of the 10 episodes, 8 will be stand-alone and 2 will address the mythology.
- The cliffhanger from Season 10 will be addressed in Episode 1, along with some backstory on our favorite villain who just won’t seem to die, the Cigarette Smoking Man.
- Episode 6 will be Skinner-centric and include some young Skinner moments.
Produced by 20th Century Fox Television and Ten Thirteen Productions, The X-Files is created and executive-produced by Chris Carter.
Subscribe now for more The X-Files clips: http://fox.tv/SubscribeXFiles
Watch more videos from The X-Files: http://fox.tv/TheXFilesSeason11Playlist